Milly Millbank has recently released her cooking book Milly’s Real Food, advocating healthy eating without eliminating food groups. This includes a recipe for courgette, asparagus and feta egg white frittata.
Known for her career as an actress (think Mount Pleasant, Mr. Selfridge and Silent Witness), Nicola ‘Milly’ Millbank has turned her hand to the food scene through millycookbook.com. This recipe for courgette, asparagus and feta egg white frittata is ideal for gym goers. Egg whites are absolutely packed with protein and good to eat before a morning workout. However, this frittata is much fresher and flavourful, using fresh asparagus and courgette, both in their prime in June.
The recipe below is for one large breakfast before a heavy workout, or can be shared between two with a couple of slices of toast.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 – 20 minutes
- olive oil
- 8 egg whites, beaten
- 100g feta
- 1 small courgette, cut into ribbons 3–4 asparagus spears, thinly sliced at an angle
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- fresh basil leaves to serve
- extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C .
- Pop the pan over a medium–high heat, lightly brush with olive oil and pour in the egg whites. Season with a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Crumble in half the feta and add the courgette and asparagus. Mix gently and then stick in the oven for 20 minutes until cooked and the top is starting to brown. Allow to stand for a few minutes.
- To serve, slide the frittata out of the pan and place on a plate, then top with the rest of the feta, some fresh basil leaves and a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil.