Sometimes a chocolate brownie just does not cut it, so why not elevate your baked goodies to Ferrero Rocher chocolate brownies. This easy recipe shows you just how to do that, and with a spritz of edible glitter they will look and taste like a treat for the Gods.
The recipe makes 12 very generous brownies.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
- 12 Ferrero Rocher chocolates
- 250g unsalted butter
- 250g golden caster sugar
- 225g light muscovado sugar
- 100g cocoa powder
- 4 large eggs
- 100g self-raising flour
- 100g chopped hazelnuts
- Edible glitter and decorations.
- Unwrap the Ferrero Rocher, place them on a baking tray and pop them in the freezer.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC.
- Put the butter, golden caster sugar and light muscovado sugar in a large saucepan and heat over a low-medium heat until the sugar has disappeared. Leave to cool for at least five minutes until cool enough to touch.
- Beat together the eggs in a separate bowl then slowly beat into the cooled mixture, stirring continuously.
- Sift in the flour, add the hazelnuts and fold together.
- Tip the mixture into a baking tin that has 12 individual portions and bake for 15 minutes in the oven. If you’re using a single baking dish, ensure it is greased and lined and bake for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Remove the Ferrero Rocher from the freezer and push one into each square of brownie. Pop back in the oven and bake for a further 5 minutes. The brownies should be just cooked and still squidgy inside.
- Sprinkle with edible gold glitter and gold stars and leave to cool before removing from the baking tray and cutting up.
- Best served warmed with vanilla ice cream.