This healthy, fresh salad is low-fat, contains at least 2 of your 5-a-day and is deliciously tasty on a summer’s day. At Season’s Eatings we’ve chosen to use beetroot that comes in the vacuum packs, but boiling fresh beetroot and grating would work equally as well.
The salad is enough to serve one person easily, so if you’ve got a quiet afternoon to yourself it will go down a treat with a glass of chilled white Rioja. Equally use the salad as a side dish to another main that you’re preparing e.g. for a BBQ.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: nil (20 minutes to bake chicken earlier)
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 beetroot (cooked) – chopped into match sticks
- 2 large handfuls of designers salad leaves (of your choice)
- ½ cup sultanas
- handful of radishes – finely sliced
- ½ red onion – finely sliced into half-moons
- ½ shot glass extra virgin olive oil
- ½ shot glass red wine vinegar
- 1 large chicken breast (cooked)
- In a small bowl, mix together the red onion, olive oil and red wine vinegar.
- Mix together the vegetables and sultanas in a bowl. Drizzle over the dressing and toss together, then transfer to a serving plate.
- Slice or tear the cooked chicken breast and top the salad with this. Give one final quick drizzle of olive oil and enjoy.