Tomatoes are in season during August, so this is the perfect time to use them in your cooking. Aside from cherry toms, I always prefer to cook tomatoes as it brings out their flavour further. This simple evening recipe can be on the table within 30 minutes of getting home and requires absolutely minimal technical skill and effort, so perfect after a hard day’s work.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 4 chicken breasts
- 6 vine ripened tomatoes
- 1 large handful of pitted, green olives – halved
- 1 handful of freshly grated parmesan
- 25g shredded fresh basil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and place a medium-sized baking dish with the chicken breasts and olives. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
- Sprinkle the chicken breasts with parmesan.
- Roast for 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked – check that the juices run clear when pierced.
- Sprinkle over the shredded basil leaves.
- Serve immediately with rice or couscous.