The Strawberry Daiquiri is the sophisticated summer cocktail. Unfortunately when I made this, my flatmate wanted to share it, so the glass is only half full in the photo above. It was still, just as tasty and definitely worth the few minutes it takes to concoct.
- 6 fresh strawberries (plus 1 to garnish)
- 1 shot of sugar syrup
- 1 shot of white rum
- 1 shot of Chambord (raspberry liqueur)
- 1 shot of lime juice
- In a clean cocktail shaker, muddle (mash) the strawberries with all the other ingredients.
- Then add some ice and shake well.
- Strain the mixture into a Martini glass (or Champagne flute failing that). You may need to use an additional sieve as a daiquiri is meant to be as smooth (i.e. pulp-free) as possible. Garnish with a strawberry.